Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is relevant not just in areas with cold weather, but also in other climatic zones such as prolonging the period of fruit-bearing of greenhouse crops or year-round usage.
The Benefits of these glazing are all undoubted:
- masterseptika.ru Excellent thermal insulation can protect crops from early frosts.
- Double glass avoids sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and therefore saves energy.
- Packages won’t suffer from strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service lifetime of glazing with proper treatment is over just a couple of years.
- The decorative appearance of glazing makes it possible for you not to conceal the greenhouse from the bathtub, and put in it in the front yard. Some proprietors of first shape greenhouses make them the most important decoration of their lawn or backyard.
Furthermore, manufacturers offer double-glazed windows with a set of essential functions, including special coatings for heating and energy saving, protection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, as well as soundproofing.
System of auto-ventilation of all greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with special vents for ventilation, which can be outfitted with devices with the role of automatic opening. This is very convenient, since not always the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. For instance, the French have been using only such greenhouses as the late 16th century to the present moment. Rest assured: that a glass greenhouse will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t retain UV rays, which are critical for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, thus letting you get the most out of the energy of sunlight.
- If you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, this arrangement can withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the kind of large hail, intense heat and even powerful frost is not going to be any problem with the construction). In addition, there is a chance to install heating apparatus inside them.
Needless to say, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that needs to be taken into account when constructing it.
How to build a greenhouse from yourself
On a sunny day, the translucent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar radiation. It’s absorbed by dark surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns into long-wave radiation and remains in the structure. This very transformation occurs with the launch of heat, which creates a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows perfectly let the sun’s beams in the room and nearly completely keep the rear radiation, not permitting it to go out. In other words, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving material, which is one of the key attributes of a good greenhouse.